Costa Rica Tours, Ltd. (CRT) offers annual escorted small group tours on set dates and private tours on your dates of choice. Our tours explore the natural beauty of Costa Rica and Panama and the diversity of their cultures. Charlotte, North Carolina-based CRT has been offering educational adventures and culturally oriented tours to Costa Rica and Panama since 1999.
Annual Open Enrollment Tours
Open enrollment tours can also be arranged as private tours for pre-formed groups on the group's selected dates.
Rica Variety Tour (January)
The best of Costa Rica at the best time of the year! Includes Arenal Volcano, Tabacon Hot Springs, rainforest nature walks at El Silencio Cloud Forest and at Arenal Hanging Bridges, Pacific Beach Resort (2-days) and turtle nesting tour.
with Canal Transit
Enjoy an unforgettable ocean-to-ocean day transit of the Panama Canal, visit an Embera Village in the rainforest, and enjoy the history and culture of Panama's vibrant capital, Panama City. See why the New York Times ranks Panama the #1 destination. Combine with Costa Rica Variety tour for an unsurpassed vacation!
- Nature (February)
- Experience the flora and fauna of the Ensenada National Wildlife
Refuge (including a boat tour on the Bebedero River), and the cloud forest and nature
trails of Monteverde and so much more...
- Garden Tour in Costa Rica (March)
- Experience the beauty of Costa Rica through its gardens, flowers and orchids. Attend the National Orchid Show; enjoy rain and cloud forests, Arenal Volcano, hot springs and so much more. This small group tour is a must for all gardeners and garden clubs.
- Combine a nature tour with a journey into the vibrant culture of the African-Caribbeans who live in Costa Rica. Participate in the Black Heritage Day celebration (August 31) on the Caribbean coast and learn more about this important component of the African Diaspora.
Private Group Tours
- Student Adventure
- As pioneers in Sustainable Tourism in the eastern regions of Costa Rica, we have developed a true educational adventure for students that includes nature, community service and authentic cultural activities not possible on other tours.
Caribbean Costa Rica
On this multi-cultural tour you can learn about indigenous, Hispanic and Afro-Caribbean cultures in Costa Rica. You visit Irazu volcano, 3000 year old archaeological ruins, and the world's only sloth refuge. Includes 2-night stay at a Caribbean beach resort.
Cooking School & Tour
With the growing interest in cuisines from Latin America you can now learn first-hand how to prepare "Tico" cuisine while enjoying the beauty of Costa Rica. Certified by American Culinary Federation for 12 CEU's.